Sunday, January 2, 2011
- At the beginning I was experiencing the dream from the perspective of a 22 year old Caucasian woman. With me was her 6 year old sister. By the end of the dream I was there as well as the 22 y/o, the 6 y/o, and we had been joined by a 20 something Caucasian man who had come to hurt us or steal belongings left behind. He was now helping us to survive.
- We were in a very large Victorian house in an abandoned neighborhood (was it a Detroit neighborhood?). The neighborhood had been purged of its inhabitants.
- The youngest liked to play games, and I was constantly having to get her to quiet down - to understand the severity of the situation.
- We never thought about food or water. We were always thinking about games and dancing and sometimes even watching TV. But we had to make sure no one knew we were there. So there was a constant attempt to cover the windows with sheets or slats or whatever we could find.
- At one point a bus filled with prisoners was let loose in the neighborhood. It was terrifying, but I knew that we could persevere.