Monday, January 7, 2008

REFLECTION

Self Indulgent Post for the New Year


On 12/31/07 Todd and I performed in Buenos Aires.















We shared with one another names, events and places that filled us with hope and anxiety in the past year and that we hope to carry with us into the new year. We wrote many of these reflections down on sheets of paper and burned them together.















In this action, which I consider to be a public acknowledgment of fear and courage, I felt vulnerable and empowered. Like the reminders of Ash Wednesday and meatless Friday night dinners during Lent, this performance gives me a sense of purpose and clarity that I reflect on every day.

2 comments:

  1. did you save any of the ashes from what you burned?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Kj, great question. No we didn't. I think next time I will.

    ReplyDelete